Dubbed ‘the new handshake’ your professional headshot is now the first introduction to you, your business, and your personal brand. Your headshot image should be powerful, compelling, and build confidence with the viewer that you are the person they want to do business with.
Before arriving for your professional head shot session there are some things you should think about that encompass your personal brand and what you want the viewer to take away when they look at your professional image. Think about what key things exemplifies your personal brand and marketing message you are trying to convey. Are you a real estate agent, an investor, a chef, an educator?
It’s important that your look matches the image you are trying to convey. What you wear on a daily basis is a great place to start. Here are some tips on how to create an impactful professional image.
- Solid colors will always photograph best vs. prints or patterns.
- Long sleeves including dark jackets, sweaters, or sports coat are slimming and will keep attention drawn to the face.
- Choose colors that complement your skin and eye color. Avoid light colors that tend to wash out lighter skin tones.
- Keep jewelry and accessories simple. They could distract from your face.
- Wear everyday makeup, and avoid glossy lipstick.
- Make sure hair is styled the way you normally wear it.
- Select Clothes that make you feel comfortable and not too trendy. Clothes that make you feel good and look professional are great choices.
- Make sure all members of group images coordinate colors and clothing textures. Avoid bold colors and stay with dark and neutral tones for a unified look.
- In case we see your fingers make sure your nails are finished the way you like them.
- Even though it may only be a headshot, it’s important to dress from head to toe. You may decide you want an image or two that are pulled back a bit to complement your marketing brand.
At C41 Photography we offer professional headshot sessions, portfolio/branding sessions, and corporate sessions. Sessions start at $179 and can be tailored to your specific branding and marketing needs. Give us a call at 402-934-7468.